GEODOK in general
Search in GEODOK
GEODOK is a database for geographic literature. About three quarters of the 150,000 entries are articles published in journals. The rest are books. Nevertheless these can only be displayed in rare cases on the screen for legal reasons.
The search in GEODOK is a free service of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg Institute of Geography. The contents of the database correspond with holdings of the institute library. Each record contains the shelfmark indicating the location of the literature within the Geographic reference library (Kochstr. 4/4, Room 0.054).
GEODOK is an on-line database which has been optimized especially for literature searching. It contains neither an order service nor a delivery service. The institute cannot deal with direct inquiries. To obtain literature you have searched you may do so in the following ways:
- If you are looking for a journal article please click the link ZDB-OPAC. There you will find a list of libraries who have this volume in stock. On the same page there is a link to on-line order systems (Subito, BVB etc.).
- If you are looking for an on-line article please click the link Full text EZB. Access depends on the access conditions of the requesting institution and is indicated as a clickable traffic light.
- Even if access to the full text is refused by a red traffic light you normally receive a summary of the article free of charge.
- If you are looking for an article published within a book you will find the link to this publication and to the other articles in this book.
- If you are looking for a book please use the link to the Karlsruhe Virtual Catalogue (KVK) where you will obtain an overview of the libraries where this publication is located. If you want to lend this book you are advised to ask at your next academic library.
- Almost in every case you have the chance to use the services of other suppliers via SFX.